Alexandrovsky Kremlin built of white stone is one of the city’s museums. In 2013 the Kremlin celebrated its 500th anniversary. The majority of these magnificent buildings were erected during the reign... View mapLearn more
The Dmitriyevsky Cathedral is one of the most beautiful monuments of Russian Middle Ages. It was erected in the 1190s as the palace temple of Vsevolod the Big Nest, great prince of Vladimir.
The cathedral... View mapLearn more
The Dormition Cathedral in Vladimir is one of the monuments of Russian architecture of the 12th century built by grand prince Andrey Bogolyubsky (Andrew the Pious) in 1158-1160.
It was the largest... View mapLearn more
The monument to the inhabitants of Suzdal who died in World War II was unveiled on May 9, 1985. Under the squared vault in white concrete on a pedestal is a soldier's helmet containing the Eternal Flame.... View mapLearn more
The Golden Gates are an outstanding monument of the Old Russian architecture. They were built in 1164 under prince of Vladimir, Andrey Bogolyubsky (Andrew the Pious).
At his time there were five city... View mapLearn more
This redbrick building on Sobornaya Square was built in 1907 and was designed by architect Yakov Revyakin on Vladimir's merchants money.
Originally it accommodated the municipal duma. In 1917 it became... View mapLearn more
The monastery of St. Euphemius is situated at the Kamenka river in the northern part of the city. The monastery was founded in 1352 as a fortress intended to protect the city from external and internal... View mapLearn more
The monument to Dmitry Pozharsky is one of the first monuments of the city. It was created in 1955. It takes the shape of a fragment of the wall of the Moscow Kremlin with the bust of Prince Pozharsky... View mapLearn more
The Museum of Wooden Architecture and local life-style is located on Kamenka River, where the first monastery of the city was founded: Dmitrievsky Monastery.
The creation of the museum dates back to... View mapLearn more
The Pokrovsky Convent was founded in 1364 under Prince Dmitry Konstantinovich. The present look of the ensemble formed in the XVI cen, when the convent became the place of exile for disgraced tsarinas... View mapLearn more