This cathedral was one of the first buildings built in stone in Novonikolaevsk (former name of Novosibirsk.
This orthodox building, in neo-byzantine style, was built between 1886 and 1889 modeled after... View mapLearn more
The museum "Siberian Birch Bark" was opened on the 27th of June 2002. It is located in a wooden structure built in 1917, which is itself a monument of architecture. At present "Siberian Birch Bark" is... View mapLearn more
The museum of Fine Arts is located in a building erected in 1925 by architect A. Kriachkov for the Siberian Revolutionary Committee. The painting gallery was created in 1958.
Tretyakov Gallery and... View mapLearn more
Starting from 1987 the history department of Novosibirsk Museum of Regional Studies is located in the building of a former city commercial centre which is a historic and cultural monument. The exposition... View mapLearn more
The exposition of the nature department embraces the geologic history of the Novosibirsk region, its natural resources, relief, soils, climate, flora and fauna. The museum possesses an interesting paleontologic... View mapLearn more
The State Opera and Ballet Theatre is the symbol of Novosibirsk. The theatre has a total area of 11,837.8sq-m, which makes it the largest in Russia. It is nicknamed the Siberian Coliseum because of its... View mapLearn more
The Novosibirsk Region Puppet Theatre was founded on the 1st of September 1933 as a studio of puppeteers of the Novosibirsk Theatre of Young Spectator. The first season of theatrical performance was opened... View mapLearn more
The chapel was built in 1914-1915 thanks to donations from the inhabitants of the city so as to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the chapel... View mapLearn more
The Voznesensky Cathedral is the principal church of the Novosibirsk diocese. Its history dates back to the construction of the wooden church in 1913. In 1937 the church was closed and turned into a granary.... View mapLearn more
The zoo appeared in Novosibirsk as soon as 1933. In 1942, a special zoological area was created so as to shelter the animals evacuated from circuses and touring zoos in the European part of Russia.
After... View mapLearn more