The Cathedral of the Nativity stands on the central square of Lipetsk. It was founded in 1791. However it was only completed in 1842. Its architect was Tomazzo Adolini. He had been chosen by Empress Catherine... View mapLearn more
Lipetsk Zoo was founded on November 6, 1973. Its history started with the creation of the first site dedicated to animals in Nizhnego Park.
Today the zoo covers an area of 4 ha, hosting 3,500 animals... View mapLearn more
Peter the Great Square appeared in Lipetsk in 1970. At the time it was called Karl Marx Square.
On October 20 2996, on the 300th anniversary of the Russian fleet, a statue of Peter the Great was erected... View mapLearn more
Petropavlovsk Chapel is on the main touristic sight and symbol of Lipetsk.
The chapel was founded in 1872 in honor of the 200th anniversary of Peter the Great to replace the church of the Nativity... View mapLearn more
The Regional Museum of Lipetsk was founded in 1909. It got its status in 1956 when it was still hosted in the building of the Cathedral of the Nativity.
In 1991, the cathedral was returned to the Church... View mapLearn more