State Tretyakov Gallery
The State Tretyakov Gallery is the national treasury of Russian fine art in Moscow founded by merchant Pavel Mikhailovich Tretyakov in 1856.
In 1892, Tretyakov presented his already famous collection to the Russian nation. Currently, the Gallery owns one of the world's biggest and most significant collections of art works of both Russian and foreign artists.
The main building of the Tretyakov Gallery is the historic building on
Lavrushinsky Lane bought by the Tretyakovs in 1851.