House of Soviets
The building of the House of Soviets sports all the characteristics of the so-called Stalinist architecture. Built between 1936 and 1941, it was meant to host the administration of the Soviet's government of Leningrad. The start of World War II put an end to its intended purpose. It was used as the headquarters of the Red Army during the siege of the city, and still keeps some special features from that time such as a few bunkers.
Today, the House of Soviets hosts a holding company called ”Leniniets”. The whole building has been turned into offices. On Moscow square, right in front of the building, stands a tall statue of Lenin surrounded by fountains.