This museum is hosted in a building that, since the early 20th century, is a famous place for printing and publishing. Several newspapar were printed there including the ”Pravda” (truth) right after the 1917 Revolution.
From the «Lenin Museum and Pravda Newspaper” in 1984, it became in 1991 one of the eight branches of the History museum of Saint Petersburg. Visiting it enables an insight into the printing atmosphere as it was at the peak of its activity. Other than the ancient mechanisms furniture and publications from the time are displayed.