Monument to Dmitri Mendeleyev
The monument dedicated to Dmitri Mendeleyev (1834-1907) at the Institute of Technology is made of two parts.
The statue, designed by D. Ginzbourg, was erected in 1932. The sculptor made it from a portrait that he had sculpted while the chemist and physician was still alive.
On the wall facing the statue stands the famous table of elements that Dmitri Mendeleyev published in 1869. This mosaic made under supervision of Vladimir Frolov (great mosaic master) was unveiled in 1935. It is 9 meters-high and covers an area of 69 sq-m.