Churches of St. Paraskeva Pyatnitsa and of the Presentation in the Temple
The Churches of St. Paraskeva Pyatnitsa and of the Presentation in the Temple are located in the south of the monastery. Rather small and ancient, they both were constructed in the 16th century. The construction of the Presentation in the Temple Church was sponsored by a boyar Ivan Khabarov, it is composed of the only cupola and four supporting pillars. During the second part of the 16th century the churches were included in the monastery. In 1740, the Church of the Presentation in the Temple underwent big changes: two western pillars were removed and later reconstructed. The Church of St. Paraskeva Pyatnitsa has a belfry and a refectory.
This church type later became very popular in Russia. The entry looks south and is marked by a portal with fine geometrical carving; the walls are decorated with kokoshniks (traditional Russian headdress). They are close to each other and form a nice ensemble.