The Petropavlovsky Cathedral (Saint Peter and Paul's Cathedral) is one of the first stone constructions in Perm. The building in the provincial baroque style, located in the place where the city historically started developing from, was laid in 1757 as a church in the name of the Saint apostles Peter and Paul. It was attached to a copper-smelting factory. On April 13, 1929, the cathedral was closed during an anti-religious campaign. In the Soviet period the building was used for a railway club and afterwards - for restoration workshops. In 1990 the cathedral was restored and given back to the believers.