Building of Former City Duma
The building of former City Duma was constructed in the late XVIIIth century as a residence of merchant and mayor Ivan Zhmaev. Later it housed a bank, Merchants' Club and Perm City Duma which turned the building over for a public library which is now State Pushkin Library. The building was reconstructed several times; the most recent changes in its architecture took place in 1882-1885. It is believed that it was this building that Boris Pasternak pictured as "Yuryatinskaya City Library" in his novel "Doctor Zhivago".