Convent of Saint Catherine
The Convent of St. Catherine was built in 1774-1781 and consecrated on October 19th, 1813. In 1819 the church was decorated with frescos, in 1835 a parvis was attached to the church. Up to 1917 there was a three-tier bell tower of which only the lower tier has been preserved to this day. In the Soviet period the wall paintings were lost, the bell tower destroyed and the interior design of the church changed for economic purposes. At the end of 1989 a part of the church was given back to the believers, but up to 1992 the principal part of the church and the altar were occupied by a public institution. In 2001 restoration works of the church of St. Sergius of Radonezh began. The bell tower was restored.