The obelisk was unveiled on the 29th of May 1900 in the round garden at the eastern side of the railway station to commemorate the participation of the troops in the construction of the Ussuriisk railroad. It was installed on a rubble foundation in the form of a cube. Initially the obelisk was crowned with a double-headed eagle, but after the revolution of 1917 the eagle was demolished. The pedestal remained intact till the construction of the station in stone. In 2006 the monument was restored and put up next to the exit from the first passenger platform at the eastern side of the station.