Chapel Saint Catherine
Initially the first city cathedral of Saint Catherine stood on the place of the chapel. The church in the name of Great Martyr St. Catherine, patroness of the mining art and Yekaterinburg City, venerated in the Ural area, was laid simultaneously with the foundation of the city, namely on the 1st of October 1723.
After a number of reconstructions, by mid-18th century it turned into a grandiose cathedral, the most venerated one in the city. In 1930 the church was blown up. It was not until the 275th anniversary of Yekaterinburg in 1998 that the chapel of Saint Catherine was built on the spot of the altar of the cathedral. In 2003 a capsule with earth from the burial place of founder of the city Vasily Tatishchev was placed in the chapel.