Domestic Church of the Transfiguration of Our Savior
The construction of the Central Missionary School with a domestic Transfiguration of Our Savior Church was completed on May 26, 1907. The domestic church was established on the second floor of the building. In 1912 the interior of the church was decorated with murals and icons. In the Soviet Era the building of the School served as a polyclinic of the central district of Chita. In 1995 it was turned over to the Transbaikalian Diocese. Nowadays the Transfiguration of Our Savior Cathedral is following the tradition of the Missionary School - for the last three years the building has been housing an Orthodox gymnasium in the name of St. Innocent of Irkutsk and a parish library. Divine services and christenings take place there every day.