The Facets Palace was built in 1433 by Russian and German architects in the Gothic style and hosted many receptions and solemn meetings.
The medieval building underwent many modifications and reconstructions and had various purposes. The facades and inner halls were decorated with frescoes depicting religious and non religious scenes. From the 16th to the 19th century the Palace was used as a church. Today, its collection is one of a kind and an exhibition dedicated to decorative art and antique Russian jewelery is displayed.