Saint Nicolas Cathedral
Today, Saint Nicolas Cathedral is the main Orthodox place of worship in Yakutsk and Yakutia. The history of the cathedral started by the construction of a wooden church in 1719, replace by a stoned building in 1851.
In Soviet times the cathedral was looted and closed down but the building in itself stayed intact, unlike many other religious structures in Yakutsk. The cathedral was returned to the Church in 1992.