The Transfiguration Church is the oldest preserved and still working church in Yakutsk. It was built between 1838 and 1845 with funds from brothers merchants Soloviev.
Initially the church was lavishly decorated and had a beautiful iconostasis. But in the 1930s the church was looted and partially destroyed. Only the first floor remained intact. After the creation of the diocese in Yakutia in 1993 the reconstruction of the church started, financed by the citizens. The work was completed in 2001.