Pharmacy №1 was named after M. Pisarevsky. The oldest pharmaceutical institution in Irkutsk region, it was founded in 1885. It was opened with funds of the local merchants, the brothers Preisman, in premises leased from merchant woman Popova on Malo-Blinovskaya Street. Later the pharmacy was bought by pharmacist M. Pisarevsky.
The facade of the building is crowned with an old sign “Pharmacy” and the main entrance is decorated with a monogram. Ancient oak furniture, ceilings with moulded ornaments, copper plates with names of medicines on the cases – all these details create an interesting atmosphere in the first ancient hall of the pharmacy with an area of 77 sq m (829 sq ft).