Cathedral of Saint Seraphim of Sarov
The Cathedral of Saint Seraphim of Sarov was built in Russian 17th century architectural style thanks to donations from merchants Taryshkin and Yarunin. Architect Viatkha Charushin was put in charge of the project in 1906.
In 1937 the church was turned into a museum of atheism and from 1939 it was used as a warehouse for various museums. In 1942, religious service resumed in the Cathedral. Until 1991 it was the only place of worship in the city.