Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin
The 5 domed cathedral of the Nativity was built in 1854-1860 in Rostov-on-Don.
It was designed by architect Konstantin Ton. Hence the resemblance to another one of his work: the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow.
In Soviet times the cathedral was shut down and its territory welcomed a zoo and warehouses. It was returned to the Church in 1942 and was restored. Today it is the main place of worship in the diocese of Rostov.