Komandor Bay, located in the east of Bering Island, belongs to the Komandorsky national biosphere reserve. It stretches on 2.6 km between capes Razvalny and Komandor.
The bay is shallow and sandy. From east to west a barrier reef forms its boundary. The valley, covered in thick vegetation, is surrounded on three sides by small crests.
Komandor Bay is famous for being used as a wintering site for the participants to the second Kamchatka expedition of Vitus Bering in 1741-1742.