Church of the Twelve Apostles
The Church of the Twelve Apostles, with is five domes, was built on the Patriarchs’ Palace.
It was Patriarch Nikon in 1656 that ordered for its construction. In 1680, it was rebuilt and dedicated to the twelve apostles hence its name.
Although its original icon has disappeared, since 1929 it has been hosting the icon for the Ascension Convent. The latter used to stand on the estate of the Kremlin but it was destroyed that year.