Savvinskoye Podvorie (metochion)
This building that looks like it is coming right out of a fairy tale was designed by architect Ivan Kuznetsov. Mixing baroque style elements with art nouveau, Savvinskoye Podvorie has a beautiful colorful façade covered in ceramic tiles.
The architect erected this building in 1907 for the Svvino-Storojevsky monastery. The monks, from Zvenigorod (43km away from Moscow) used to stay in the mansion when they visited the capital.
Built on Tverskaya Street the house had to been moved because of urbanism work. It was moved 50 meters away on the night of November 4, 1939 and is now in a courtyard.
Nowadays Savvinskoye Podvorie is entirely surrounded by Stalin-styled buildings. A part of the building has been returned to the Church.