Lefortovo Park is also known as Golovin Park. The latter, a close friend of Peter the Great’s, owned a palace that is now a part of the 84 acres park created in 1703.
Nicknamed “Versailles” during Empress Anna Ivanovna’s reign, it was used as a model for the parks of future tsar capital: Saint Petersburg.
Of Dutch inspiration, the park never stopped evolving throughout its history. It now stretches on an 80 acres area. Yauza River that flows through it, allowed for many ponds and canals to be built.
Lefortovo Park is very much appreciated by the population and welcomes many cultural events.