Victory Park, located on Poklonnaya hill, was unveiled on May 9, 1955, day of the fiftieth anniversary of the end of the Great Patriotic War.
The Museum of the Great Patriotic War marks the entrance to the park. After that it consists of five terraces for the five years that the conflict lasted (1941-1945 for the Russians). Each terrace is completed with an ornamental pond. It totals one thousand four hundred eighteen fountains. This is the number of days that the conflict lasted. This same number can be found in the height of the Victory Monument that was erected there: 141.8 m. This obelisk is surmounted by a statue of Nike, Goddess of War, made by Russian sculptor Zurab Tsereteli. Nearby lay religious structures of different confessions dedicated to the soldiers who died during the war.
Since April 30, 2010 cadets of Moscow’s military schools watch over the Eternal Flame that was lit in the park that day. Nearby, in the open air, three hundred military items from World War II are displayed.