The history of Ostankino Palace, known from the 16th century, is linked to the famous earl family Sheremetev. They owned the estate from the middle of the 17th century to 1917.
Owner of Ostankino from 1788, we owe to Nikolay Sheremetev the reconstruction of the neoclassic palace in plaster covered wood. The interior of the palace back then were strikingly beautiful. The famous theatre it hosts was equipped with a very modern technology for the time and used to welcome a company of serf actors. It worked until 1802.
Restored in 2000, the Ostankino Palace now hosts a museum.