Kotelnicheskaya Embankment Skyscraper
This skyscraper is one of Moscow’s “Seven Sisters” (skyscrapers built on the initiative of Stalin).
Erected facing the Kremlin on the Kotelnicheskaya embankment, it was completed in 1952. The central building rises up to 176 meters and consists of thirty-two floors.
This housing skyscraper contains seven hundred flats. In Soviet times, it was only available for scientist, artists and writers close to the regimen. It was then nicknamed the “house of sciences and arts”.