Old English Court
The Old English Court is one of Moscow’s oldest civilian buildings.
Built in late 15th – early 16th century it hosted England’s first emissaries to Russia and later served as base for English merchants. It was used as a storage place, as well as a house and embassy.
Later on it became a school of arithmetic (in the 18th century) and then a Foreign Literature Library in Soviet times.
The exterior and interior of the house have been entirely restored in 1950. Nowadays it is a part of Moscow History Museum.