Church of the Trinity in Troitsye-Lykovo
This church was built in a village called Troitsye-Lykovo that was later included in the city of Moscow. Its name comes from boyar Lykov who used to own the village.
Built between 1698 and 1702 the church is good example of Muscovite Baroque also called “Naryshkin Baroque”. The stone is richly sculpted.
Shut down during the Soviet era, it was added to the League of Nations’ list of World Architectural remarkable monuments in 1935. This saved the church from knowing the same fate as many other religious establishments.