Church of St Nicholas in Pyzhi
This beautiful five-domed church was erected on the exact spot where a wooden church used to stand. The main part of the church was built in 1672. In 1691 a chapel dedicated to the monks Anthony and Theodosius from Kiev and St Nicholas was added. Ravaged in 1812, it was restored in 1848.
The church of St Nicholas was closed in 1930 and used for various purposes. It was returned to the orthodox Church in 1991.