Saint Catherine’s Swedish Church
This church replaced a first one that had been built in the second half of the 18th century by architect Georg Veldten. The construction of the new building took place between 1863 and 1865.
Saint Catherine’s Church received the Evangelical-Lutheran Swedish community that totaled up to seven thousand members. Among them were the Nobel family and jeweler Karl Faberge.
Shut down in 1934, the church was given various purposes. For a while it hosted a sport centre for young people. Returned to the Church after the collapse of USSR, since 2005 it also welcomes members of the Anglican community.