The Railway bridge of Krasnoyarsk was initially one way. It is 1km long, the spans are 140m wide and the height of the metal trusses reaches 20m.
The construction led by Yevgeni Knorre started on August 30, 1896 and was completed in 1899. A stone with a cross as well as a manuscript bearing the date of the laying of the first stone as well as the names of its engineers were put into the foundations.
In 1900, just like the Eiffel tower, the bridge received the prize and Golden medal “For an architectural perfection and a perfect technical achievement” at the Paris Universal Exhibition. Later, UNESCO scholars declared it to be a “height in human technical creation”. The dismantling of the old bridge started in 2002. It was replaced by a new one, more modern.