Monument to Alexander II
Alexander II already had a monument erected to him. Unveiled in 1912, this statue, designed by sculptor Mark Antokolsky. Dismantled after the revolution, unlike the other, this one did not disappear. It was transferred to the Museum of Russian Art in Kiev.
The statue that now sits in front of the former building of the Nikolaevsky Military School is its exact copy. It was given by the city of Kiev for the three hundredth anniversary of Saint Petersburg in 2003.