Mira Square (Peace square) is the oldest square in Krasnoyarsk. It was founded on the site where the Ostrog (fortress) used to stand before it burnt in 1773.
The square is surrounded by three public service buildings: the Strelka Museums cultural and historic complex, the philharmonic regional centre that has a concert hall with a capacity of 2,200 spectators and the KATEKNII (Energy research centre) 26-storey high skyscraper.
The southern part of the square is lined by the one-storey high building of the Guest Court built in 1865. Between 1904 and 1930 this is where the City Museum was located. Later the building hosted the city’s archives. Facing it is the beautiful building that hosts the Museums complex of Strelka where exhibitions are frequently organized.
A monument to Commander Rezanov was erected on the square in summer 2007. The commander died in Krasnoyarsk on its way to Saint Petersburg in 1807.