Statue of the “Girl with the paddle”
The “Girl with the paddle” is a famous statue from soviet times. The initial structure designed by Ivan Chadr was 12 meters long. It was erected in Moscow’s Gorky Park in 1936 but it was destroyed by bombings in 1941.
The “Girl with the paddle” that now decorates the Bezymiany (without name) Island, is just as elegant as the original but smaller. It was unveiled in 2001 on the day of the yearly launching of the regatta “Golden Oars”.