Museum of Fine Arts
The museum of Fine Arts is located in a building erected in 1925 by architect A. Kriachkov for the Siberian Revolutionary Committee. The painting gallery was created in 1958.
Tretyakov Gallery and the State History Museum (Moscow) as well as the Russian Museum and Pavlovsk Palace-Museum contributed a lot to the museum’s collections. During World War II the collections of the above museums were evacuated to Novosibirsk. Grateful, the museums gave some items of their collection to the museum of Novosibirsk.
Today its collection gathers some 8,000 items including works from Repin, Vasnetsov, Shishkin, Kramskoy, Surikov, Brullov as well as a collection of Siberian icons from the 18th to the 20th century.