The Novosibirsk Region Puppet Theatre was founded on the 1st of September 1933 as a studio of puppeteers of the Novosibirsk Theatre of Young Spectator. The first season of theatrical performance was opened on the 1st of May 1934. During the period from 1942 to 1945 the theatre housed the Moscow Puppet Theatre, evacuated to Novosibirsk. Today the theatre is situated in the annex to the building of the former city college. The annex was built in 1999. The main facade of the new structure is fulfilled in the form of three tilting dolls. The theatre goes regularly on tours around Russia and abroad. Its repertoire includes more than 25 plays.