Saint Trinity Monastery
The Saint Trinity Monastery is the most ancient shrine in Tyumen founded in 1616 by monk Niphont. It was built on the right bank of the Tura River under the name of the Preobrazhensky Monastery (the Transfiguration Monastery). The Church of Forty Martyrs, the Trinity Cathedral and St. Peter and Paul's Church are situated on the territory of the monastery. In 1929 the monastery was closed; its structures were used as hostels and its temples were plundered and destroyed. The monastery was revived in 1995 and is presently under reconstruction.