Museum "Saint Peter and Paul's Church"
St. Peter and Paul's Church is one of the three stone churches of the Tyumen Trinity Monastery. It was built in 1616 on the bank of the Tura River. After the monastery was closed in 1924 the church was abandoned for a long time and began turning into ruins. Since the restoration works in 1987 the church has been housing museum expositions "From the history of Christianity in Siberia" and "Crafts and trades in Tyumen City of late XIXth - early XXth c." which comprise manuscript and printed vestry books, church utensils and icons of the Saints venerated in Siberia most of all, such as St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, St. George the Victorious, Simeon of Verkhoturye, Innocent of Irkutsk. The museum also possesses XVII-XVIIIth-century clothes, carved elbow linings and household utensils made by Siberian craftsmen.