Monument to Y. P. Khabarov
The monument to explorer E.P. Khabarov, in whose honor the city was named, was put up on May 29, 1958, in the square situated next to the Khabarovsk railway station. Abram Peisakhovich Milchin started working on the sculpture of Yerofey Pavlovich Khabarov in the early 1950s. Khabarov is portrayed on the top of a mountain looking far into the vast area of Amur. There is a scroll with notes in his left hand; his right hand is holding the lap of his fur coat that has slipped off his shoulder. During the reconstruction of the railway station square in 2008 the monument was rebuilt too and the name of the sculptor was engraved on the sculpture.