Cathedral on the Blood
The Cathedral of all Saints on the Blood is a complex cultural, historical and religious structure. The cathedral was built and consecrated in 2003 on the spot of Ipatyev's house, where the last Russian emperor Nicolas II and his family were shot down on the night of 16-17 July 1918. Ipatyev's house was demolished in 1977.
The 60-meter high cathedral with five domes occupies an area of 3,000 m2. The construction of the cathedral took three years. Its bell tower contains 14 bells, the largest one of which weighs 5 tons.
The complex consists of two temples, the lower and the upper one. The lower temple includes the room where the shooting took place with remaining parts of the original construction of Ipatyev's house. The altar of the temple is situated right next to the actual place where the family of the tsar was executed. There is also a museum devoted to the last days of life of the Romanov dynasty and an auditorium for 160 people.