The Irkutsk Regional Philharmonic Hall was established in 1939. From October 1950 concerts took place in the building of the former local government constructed in 1891 according to the project of Irkutsk architect V.A. Rassushin.
Now this hall is called the concert hall of the Philharmonic Hall. The creative collective includes a symphony orchestra founded in 1958 and a chamber orchestra appeared in 1974. Beside the concert hall there is an organ hall that was opened on the 3rd of November 1978 in the building of the Polish Roman Catholic church.