The Shumovsky Palace was built in 1915 by the brother merchants Shumovs, owners of goldmines. This structure is considered the most beautiful building in the city. It is richly decorated with mouldings. There is no information about its designer. The building was intended for the city Public Assembly, so after the construction was finished it became center of the cultural and business life of the city and the whole region.