The Kremlin is the most ancient part of Suzdal. It is a museum with numerous expositions, devoted to the history of Suzdal, famous people, treasures of monasteries and churches, Old Russian painting and applied arts. In the second half of the XIth cen. it was enclosed with a 1400-meter long earth mound. The prince's and bishop's courtyards, as well as the city cathedral were located in the Kremlin. The Kremlin also housed the prince's entire armed force and the prince's and bishop's numerous entourage. Now the principal architectural monuments in the Suzdal Kremlin are: the cathedral of the Nativity (1222-1225), the Episcopal chambers (XV-XVIII cen.), the bell tower of the cathedral and the wooden church of St. Nicolas from the Glotovo village (1766).