The convent of the Deposition of the Robe (Risopolozhensky) was founded in 1207. The stone constructions appeared in the 16th century. Unfortunately nothing is left from what was built of the monastery during the three first centuries of its existence.
The oldest construction on the estate is the Cathedral of the Deposition of the Robe (1520-1560). The smooth facades of the three-domed cathedral are interrupted by simple windows. The Holy Gates from 1688, that used to be the celebration entrance of the structure, are a great testimony of architecture.
To celebrate the victory over the French in the war of 1812, a 72 meters-high bell-tower was added on the estate of the monastery (1813-1819).