The Guest Courtyard was built in 1806-1811 by architect A. Vershinsky on the western side of the Market Square (Torgovaya). The court contains a long rectangular 6 meters-hig building, divided in private shops and an arcade with a classical colonnade. In the 19th century people came to the arcade to walk around. It was an important social place in Suzdal.
Only the Northern part of the shopping arcade remains intact. In the 1970s the western part was entirely rebuilt and the western part was added. The arcade has kept its commercial purpose to the present day.