Cathedral of The Resurrection of the Christ
The current building of the Cathedral was consecrated and opened to the cult on January 7th, 1995. However the church was initially built before the Russian-Japanese war of 1904-1905. During the occupation of South Sakhalin various Japanese institutions gathered in the church.
It has now become the spiritual center of Orthodoxy on the Island and is an important monument of the city. It was rebuilt in the ancient Russian traditions of architecture. On the territory of the Cathedral a bell tower has been added with a bell that weighs over one ton.