Our Lady of the Assumption’s church
Our Lady of the Assumption’s church (Khram Uspienia Priesviatoj Bogoroditzy)is a catholic church. It was the third in Russia during their construction, behind St Petersburg and Moscow. This monument was built by Father Romuald, coming in Astrakhan in 1760 leading a mission (order of Friars Capuchin). Construction took almost fifteen years, from 1762 to 1778. Its consecration was done in October 1778 with the blessing of the Pope Pie VI.