Nizhny Novgorord’s fair
Nizhny Novgorod’s fair is one of the most prestigious exhibition halls of the country. Its history started in 1641 when the fair was officially established near the walls of Makarevsky Monastery 90km away from the city. In 1817, after a fire it was moved into Nizhny Novgorod.
In the middle of the 19th century the goods imported on this fair represented more than 60% of all goods imported in Russia. Around that time the building of the fair was created. No such urban building existed anywhere in Russia or Europe.