The House of Europe
The present House of Europe, also called “lacy house”, is one of the symbols of Irkutsk that is renowned for its well-preserved wooden houses decorated with carving.
The building called the House of Europe was the house of the Shastins, a family of merchants, built in 1907. The house of the Shastins was put on the list of protected world heritage on initiative of a French association for the preservation of world monuments. Official meetings, conferences and art exhibitions are held in the house.